Microsoft Office 365 is a collection of services that allows you to collaborate and share your schoolwork. The service includes a suite of apps that are really useful in the classroom: Word, PowerPoint, Excel, OneNote and more. Many schools are choosing to integrate Office 365 with VSware so that emails can be easily sent to students and teachers. Here are some of the most frequently asked questions on getting set up.
What is Office 365 integration?
VSware Office 365 integration allows you to create email addresses and passwords on VSware that can be used to login to Office 365 for both Students and Teachers. It allows you to send emails from Office 365 to the groups you have created on VSware such as:
- Teaching groups e.g. 3FreA, 4PE, 6GEO-1.1
- Class groups e.g. Tara, Plunkett, 1A, 2B
- Free form groups e.g. U15GAA, Basketball, School Trip 2017
- Year groups e.g. 1st Years, Transition Years
- Teacher Groups e.g. All Staff, Teaching Staff
Note: It is not possible to send emails to parents.
How much does Office 365 integration cost?
It costs €1 per person per year excluding VAT (€1.23 including VAT) so the price will depend on the number of users. For example, If you only want your 1st years set up and you have fifty 1st year students, the price will be €50 excluding VAT for 1 year. (€61.50 including VAT)
How do I get set up?
Simply contact support and let us know how many students/teachers require Office 365 and we will send you a quote based on that number. Once we receive the signed quote back, you will need to fill out a form that outlines:
- Your preferred student, teacher and group naming conventions. Eg. GN,FN,YY (Given name, full name, year)
- Your Office 365 Global Admin account access details.
How much does Active Directory integration cost?
The price is €2 per person and this also includes Office 365 integration. (€2.46 including VAT)